Would you rather questions are a great way to get a conversation started in a fun and interesting way. And it’s easy to get into some amazing conversations by just asking “why” after a would you rather question. You’ll get some very interesting answers and probably learn a lot more about the person you are talking to.
If you’ve got a group, you can take turns choosing a would you rather question and asking each member of the group. If it’s just two of you, you both can take turns asking would you rather questions to each other. Or you can just run down the list together answering them all together.
You can also try some of our other conversation game pages like never have I ever questions, truth or dare questions, 21 questions game, this or that questions, most likely to questions, or even our trivia questions.
We have over 300 would you rather questions in our list, use them however you want and have fun with them! If you would like an image or a PDF of just the click the link in the table of contents. Or if you’d like to play games in a fun chat room / meeting setting the folks over at Brightful turned my questions into games.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Best would you rather questions
These are, in my humble opinion, some of the best would you rather questions we have to offer. I hope you enjoy them!
1. Would you rather the aliens that make first contact be robotic or organic?
Which would be less likely to wipe us off the face of the planet?
2. Would you rather lose the ability to read or lose the ability to speak?
If you strongly swing introvert or extrovert, this might be pretty easy for you.
3. Would you rather have a golden voice or a silver tongue?
To be honest, I just put this one in because I thought it has a nice ring to it. Nothing like some good idioms.
4. Would you rather be covered in fur or covered in scales?
Built in blanket or +2 armor, which one will you choose?
5. Would you rather be in jail for a year or lose a year off your life?
Is a bad year worth living or is better to give up a year of your life?
6. Would you rather always be 10 minutes late or always be 20 minutes early?
Feel rushed or feel bored. Make others wait or have to wait. Have a hard time getting a job or be constantly waiting around looking at your phone. Choose wisely.
7. Would you rather have one real get out of jail free card or a key that opens any door?
One free crime of your choice or a life of limitless theft and/or espionage. Get in touch with your inner criminal.
8. Would you rather know the history of every object you touched or be able to talk to animals?
Basically, the best veterinarian/zoologist on the planet or the most incredible archaeologist ever.
9. Would you rather be married to a 10 with a bad personality or a 6 with an amazing personality?
This answer probably changes quite a bit depending on if you are or have ever been married.
10. Would you rather be able to talk to land animals, animals that fly, or animals that live under the water?
The most important question is, what would the conversations be like?
11. Would you rather have all traffic lights you approach be green or never have to stand in line again?
Look at you, big shot, the World making way for you!
12. Would you rather spend the rest of your life with a sailboat as your home or an RV as your home?
The waves, the sun, the smell of salty air. The open road before you, also the sun, the smell of the pines. Either one sounds pretty good about right now.
13. Would you rather give up all drinks except for water or give up eating anything that was cooked in an oven?
Food choice, or beverage choice, tough pick.
14. Would you rather be able to see 10 minutes into your own future or 10 minutes into the future of anyone but yourself?
Both would be pretty cool. Either one would make a great superpower.
15. Would you rather have an easy job working for someone else or work for yourself but work incredibly hard?
This is a great question to help you decide how well you would do as an entrepreneur.
16. Would you rather be the first person to explore a planet or be the inventor of a drug that cures a deadly disease?
Explorer or humanitarian, you’ll go down in history books either way, but which way do you want to be remembered?
17. Would you rather go back to age 5 with everything you know now or know now everything your future self will learn?
Either way, you will definitely have a leg up. You would be the smartest 5-year-old on the playground but man, it would be rough going through puberty again.
18. Would you rather be able to control animals (but not humans) with your mind or control electronics with your mind?
You feeling that druid vibe or more of a cyberpunk vibe?
19. Would you rather have unlimited international first-class tickets or never have to pay for food at restaurants?
Choosing between food and travel. I don’t know about you, but it’s probably the hardest choice on this list for me.
20. Would you rather see what was behind every closed door or be able to guess the combination of every safe on the first try?
So, will you be a super thief or a super snoop? Will you use your powers for good or evil?
21. Would you rather be an average person in the present or a king of a large country 2500 years ago?
Being king pro: You get to tell everyone what to do. Living in the past con: Dentistry. Or the lack thereof.
22. Would you rather be able to dodge anything no matter how fast it’s moving or be able to ask any three questions and have them answered accurately?
How about it, you Neo or a second-rate Aladdin? Information is power, but dodging bullets is pretty cool. A lot of cardio though.
23. Would you rather be forced to dance every time you heard music or be forced to sing along to any song you heard?
Sure, people will look at you funny, but either one you choose, own it.
24. Would you rather have all your clothes fit perfectly or have the most comfortable pillow, blankets, and sheets in existence?
You want to be comfy in the streets or comfy in the sheets?
25. Would you rather 5% of the population have telepathy, or 5% of the population have telekinesis? You are not part of the 5% that has telepathy or telekinesis.
Well not everyone gets lucky. But you know if everyone is a superhero then no one is.
26. Would you rather be an unimportant character in the last movie you saw or an unimportant character in the last book you read?
Just remember that all the supporting characters in your life are the main character in their own. Not sure why you need to remember it, but it sounds pseudo-profound right?
27. Would you rather move to a new city or town every week or never be able to leave the city or town you were born in?
“Lord, I was born a rambling man…” Or do you prefer… “Our house, in the middle our street…”
28. Would you rather be completely insane and know that you are insane or completely insane and believe you are sane?
Sure, being plain old sane might be the preferred choice, but that’s not an option!
29. Would you rather travel the world for a year on a shoestring budget or stay in only one country for a year but live in luxury?
Do you prefer the high life or the wandering life? Both have their benefits. But more than likely you instantly know which is right for you.
30. Would you rather suddenly be elected a senator or suddenly become a CEO of a major company? (You won’t have any more knowledge about how to do either job than you do right now.)
Is it just me or would this make a good comedy movie/TV show?
31. Would you rather live in virtual reality where you are all powerful or live in the real world and be able to go anywhere but not be able to interact with anyone or anything?
A god in the machine or a ghost in the real world.
32. Would you rather have whatever you are thinking to appear above your head for everyone to see or have absolutely everything you do live streamed for anyone to see?
Privacy for your thoughts, or privacy for you, which do you value more?
34. Would you rather humans discover a signal from intelligent life from another planet or figure out how to extend human life for another 100 years?
Both would change the world, for better or for worse, forever. But which choice would do the most good, or at least be the most fun.
35. Would you rather be only able to watch the few movies with a Rotten Tomatoes score of 95-100% or only be able to watch the majority of movies with a Rotten Tomatoes score of 94% and lower?
Quality is great, but does it outweigh quantity? I leave that up to you to decide.
36. Would you rather wake up as a new random person every year and have full control of them for the whole year or once a week spend a day inside a stranger without having any control of them?
No matter which you choose that would be one crazy life to live.
37. Would you rather know how above or below average you are at everything or know how above or below average people are at one skill/talent just by looking at them?
It’s amazing how many uses these two would have once you start thinking about them and how they would play out in real life.
38. Would you rather live until you are 200 but look like you are 200 the whole time even though you are healthy or look like you are 25 all the way until you die at age 65?
You can’t judge a book by its cover. But people still do.
39. Would you rather be able to slow down time by 10% or jump three times as high as you can now?
There is a reason that super power questions are so popular they are almost a cliché. I mean we all want to be powerful and special.
40. Would you rather be born again in the same country or a different one of your choosing?
A lot easier to answer if you’ve lived or traveled other countries but even if you haven’t, you’ve surely heard a lot about at least a few countries.
41. Would you rather be forced to go 10 mph under the speed limit or 10 mph over the speed limit? You can still get speeding tickets.
Safer but slower and more annoying or faster but more likely to get a ticket?
42. Would you rather take an all expenses paid dream vacation every year for a month or have the job of your dreams?
The dream job also gives you a month paid vacation, but you need to pay for the vacation.
43. Would you rather give up using a phone or tablet forever or give up having any salt in food?
If you’ve ever given up using a phone or been on a low/no salt diet you know how painful each of these are.
44. Would you rather get a post card every day from a stranger in a different country or a 10 minute call with anyone in the world you choose once a year?
For the post cards, you wouldn’t be obligated to respond unless you wanted to. So it’s either voices from around the world, 365 a year or a high powered short conversation once a year.
45. Would you rather have a successful podcast or a successful YouTube channel?
This one might depend on age, I have a feeling older folks might prefer podcasts and younger might prefer YouTube, but I could be wrong.
46. Would you rather watch a movie with no snacks or drink or have whatever you want but the movie volume is always just a little to quiet or a little too loud?
Some people can take or leave the snacks, and for some people they are just as crucial as the movie.
47. Would you rather always live 10 miles from where you were born or never be able to settle down in one place for more than a year?
Do you have that wanderlust, or just want to settle in? Neither one is better than the other, they’re just different.
48. Would you rather work hard for a boss that has high expectations but values you as a person and employee or work much less for a boss that couldn’t care less?
Job satisfaction versus not working as much at your job. Probably a real decision you’ll have to make or have already made.
49. Would you rather be the best in the world at a skill, task, or job of your choice but be socially unbearable or be how you are now but everyone you meet enjoys your company and loves having you around (even more than they already do)?
I feel like with this question you could also branch out into one letting you enjoy life now but the other would let you leave you mark on history. Life or legacy.
50. Would you rather never be able to drink water again or only be able to drink water?
This question doesn’t really work unless the person you are asking really likes beverages other than water, booze or coffee or soda.
51. Would you rather be a successful artist or a successful business owner?
Sure, you’ll probably make more money as a business owner, but you’d probably be more famous as an artist. Either one could be doing what you love, it just depends on what you love doing.
52. Would you rather reroll your stats (intelligence, strength, constitution, etc) knowing that they could come out much worse or much better or just stay the same as you are now?
Sure, you are pretty awesome now, but you could be way more awesome…. or way worse.
Funny would you rather questions
These would you rather questions will hopefully be good for a laugh, or at least the start of a funny conversation.
53. Would you rather be a reverse centaur or a reverse mermaid/merman?
I think the picture is definitely worth a thousand of my words.
54. Would you rather your only mode of transportation be a donkey or a giraffe?
Very cool and impractical or kind of lame but a lot more practical.
55. Would you rather only be to use a fork (no spoon) or only be able to use a spoon (no fork)?
Sure, you like soup, but do you like it enough to give up using a fork?
56. Would you rather every shirt you ever wear be kind of itchy or only be able to use 1 ply toilet paper?
Let’s be honest, both are a fate worse than death.
57. Would you rather have edible spaghetti hair that regrows every night or sweat (not sweet) maple syrup?
So, um yeah, sometimes you get so tired, and you just type stuff. And sometimes you keep it. And this I’m keeping.
58. Would you rather have to read aloud every word you read or sing everything you say out loud?
You are going to get the side eye from a lot of folks either way!
59. Would you rather wear a wedding dress/tuxedo every single day or wear a bathing suit every single day?
Either way, you are going to need to find a job suited to your strict attire requirements. Bathing suit, lifeguard. Tux, probably lots of options. Wedding dress… hmm that one might be a little more difficult.
60. Would you rather be unable to move your body every time it rains or not be able to stop moving while the sun is out?
Which do you value more, your peaceful rest time or getting stuff done?
61. Would you rather have all dogs try to attack you when they see you or all birds try to attack you when they see you?
Birds or Cujo, either way, better put on your chainmail before heading out the door!
62. Would you rather be compelled to high five everyone you meet or be compelled to give wedgies to anyone in a green shirt?
Oh man, either way, you might take a beating walking around. Just hope you don’t live in a city!
63. Would you rather have skin that changes color based on your emotions or tattoos appear all over your body depicting what you did yesterday?
Whew, the tattoos would be super embarrassing, but then again it would be rough having everyone know how you feel all the time.
64. Would you rather randomly time travel +/- 20 years every time you fart or teleport to a different place on earth (on land, not water) every time you sneeze?
This is another that would make a great TV series. Especially if they combined them. I only hope they make it a dark comedy.
65. Would you rather there be a perpetual water balloon war going on in your city/town or a perpetual food fight?
Yeah, let’s just pretend that whatever is being thrown, once it hits the ground, it disappears. Nobody wants tons of popped balloon fragments or rotting food around.
66. Would you rather have to fart loudly every time you have a serious conversation or have to burp after every kiss?
This is like the worst set of superpowers ever. Hope you can find an SO who is super understanding.
67. Would you rather become twice as strong when both of your fingers are stuck in your ears or crawl twice as fast as you can run?
One incredibly goofy, one incredibly creepy. Which will you choose?!
68. Would you rather have everything you draw become real but be permanently terrible at drawing or be able to fly but only as fast as you can walk?
The most underwhelming superpowers. I would totally watch a show or movie about superheroes with really under powered powers.
69. Would you rather thirty butterflies instantly appear from nowhere every time you sneeze or one very angry squirrel appear from nowhere every time you cough?
Cold and flu season is going to be really weird for you.
70. Would you rather vomit uncontrollably for one minute every time you hear the happy birthday song or get a headache that lasts for the rest of the day every time you see a bird (including in pictures or a video)?
Yeah, this is another one I don’t really know what to say. Nothing catchy here just a very bizarre choice.
71. Would you rather eat a sandwich made from 4 ingredients in your fridge chosen at random or eat a sandwich made by a group of your friends from 4 ingredients in your fridge?
Knowing my friends, definitely the ingredients chosen at random. I hope you have nicer friends than I do…
72. Would you rather everyone be required to wear identical silver jumpsuits or any time two people meet and are wearing an identical article of clothing they must fight to the death?
The future is a fashion dystopia! There is no fashion, or everyone must be extremely unique in their fashion or face possible death.
73. Would you rather be inside a portable toilet when it’s pushed over or die three weeks earlier than you normally would have?
How much is three weeks worth? Is it worth the memory? Sure, it would make a great story, but the smell, oh the smell.
74. Would you rather trees scream occasionally for no reason or spiders be big enough and smart enough to open doors?
Not going to lie, I pulled the trees screaming from Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey. But the spiders being able to open doors, that’s just from my nightmares.
75. Would you rather every third thought you have be out loud or never be alone no matter what you are doing?
Who needs privacy after all? You get decide if you want your thoughts to be private or you get some alone time but people think you are crazy every time you are around them.
76. Would you rather everyone listen to music and podcasts without headphones or everyone be unreasonably proud of their flatulence and body odor?
Another silly one, but one that probably touches some pet peeves. But really, I just wish people would use headphones. If you listen to music without headphones, just know that everyone hates you and wishes you were never born. Can you tell which one bothers me the most?
77. Would you rather have a penny farthing bicycle or a unicycle as your only form of transport besides walking?
You are definitely going to garner some attention wherever you go, either way road trips are going to be a bit rough.
78. Would you rather have the ability to mute people at will or pause people for five seconds at a time, but only once an hour?
Bizarre super powers, maybe not super powers. More like mediocre powers, but powers none the less!
79. Would you rather be able to control lights with your mind or actually be able to throw your voice?
Either one could lead to some very fun pranks and shenanigans, limited only by your creativity.
80. Would you rather only be able to wear clown shoes or not be able to wear any shoes?
This one is a fun one because the more you think into each one the more you realize how limiting each would be.
81. Would you rather be the head of a company or the head of a cult?
Sure, being the head of a company would make you more money but being the head of a cult would probably lead to a lot better stories.
82. Would you rather jump into a gigantic snow cone with just your bathing suit in winter or roll down a relatively large hill wearing a helmet, 5 jackets, and 10 pairs of pants in summer?
You feeling hot, hot, hot. Or are you as cold as ice?
83. Would you rather wear only uncomfortable shoes whenever you go outside or comfy shoes always (even to bed)?
For the wearing shoes always, think the spray on shoes from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. I think the uncomfortable shoes is self-explanatory, we’ve all been there.
84. Would you rather get a surprise wet willy from a random stranger every day or a surprise wedgie from a random stranger every day?
Both are horrible, even more so if done by a stranger, but which is worse?
85. Would you rather whatever house you live in to have one strong smell of your choosing for the rest of your life or wake up to your house smell to change randomly every day?
And if you did choose the one strong smell one, which smell would it be?
Good would you rather questions
Just some general would you rather questions that are fun to answer. No theme or anything, just enjoy!
86. Would you rather be a famous director or a famous actor?
The limelight or the credit, your choice.
87. Would you rather be a practicing doctor or a medical researcher?
Both help to make peoples’ lives better. But both have some serious downsides that go along with them.
88. Would you rather live in a cave or live in a tree house?
Which do you cheer for in fantasy movies and books, dwarves or elves?
89. Would you rather be able to control fire or water?
How about it, you a Zuko or a Katara?
90. Would you rather live without the internet or live without AC and heating?
This question gets a lot harder to answer the hotter or colder it is where you live.
91. Would you rather be able to teleport anywhere or be able to read minds?
Either one would make for an amazing superpower.
92. Would you rather be unable to use search engines or unable to use social media?
And of course, Reddit counts as social media, even if you are just lurking.
93. Would you rather be beautiful/handsome but stupid or intelligent but ugly?
The old dilemma of beauty vs. intelligence, which is more important? Is ignorance truly bliss, or is that just cop out?
94. Would you rather be balding but fit or overweight with a full head of hair?
Sure, you can always lose weight, but how many people actually do lose weight. As for the other, a lot of work, but a lot of hair as well. How much do you love those locks Fabio?
95. Would you rather never be able to eat meat or never be able to eat vegetables?
Forced carnivore or vegetarian, I suppose for vegans and vegetarians this is an easy choice.
96. Would you rather have a completely automated home or a self-driving car?
It won’t be long until everyone has both! Whether they like it or not. Just kidding! Or am I?
97. Would you rather be an amazing painter or a brilliant mathematician?
The arts or the sciences, which do you prefer?
98. Would you rather be famous but ridiculed or be just a normal person?
It ain’t easy being famous, but it does have its perks! What am I talking about? I have no idea what it’s like being famous.
99. Would you rather have a flying carpet or a car that can drive underwater?
Aladdin or James Bond, either way, you are about to get way more awesome. Until someone steals it.
100. Would you rather never be stuck in traffic again or never get another cold?
Both are incredibly annoying. Guess it depends on your commute and how often you get sick.
101. Would you rather have a bottomless box of Legos or a bottomless gas tank?
You’ll be rich either way. Sure, gas would probably get you more money in the long run, but infinite Legos sounds like a lot of fun.
102. Would you rather be forced to eat only spicy food or only incredibly bland food?
You want that fire, or you want that … um … opposite of fire? Yeah, so you like spicy food or really hate spicy food?
103. Would you rather be a bowling champion or a curling champion?
I would love to see a mix of both sports. Sure, it would probably be messy, and there would be lots of injuries, but I reckon it would be pretty entertaining.
104. Would you rather be fantastic at riding horses or amazing at driving dirt bikes?
I mean let’s face it, either one would be pretty awesome.
105. Would you rather never be able to wear pants or never be able to wear shorts?
This one depends a lot on where you live. While it might be a tough call for a lot of my readers, I think it will be much easier for those of you in colder climates.
106. Would you rather live the next 10 years of your life in China or Russia?
Both big, diverse, and interesting but very different in a lot of ways. So, which do you think would be a good fit for you?
107. Would you rather live on the beach or in a cabin in the woods?
Beach bum or … woods bum? Is that a thing? That’s probably not a thing. Woodsman/woodswoman, there we go.
108. Would you rather be lost in a bad part of town or lost in the forest?
You got those street smarts or those wilderness smarts? Or would you just be up the creek no matter which you picked?
109. Would you rather have a horrible short-term memory or a horrible long-term memory?
Or you could be like me and just have horrible short-term and long-term memory!
110. Would you rather be completely invisible for one day or be able to fly for one day?
The age-old question, flying or invisibility. Experience or utility, the choice is yours!
111. Would you rather never be able to use a touchscreen or never be able to use a keyboard and mouse?
Electronic interface devices. Makes for an exciting would you rather question right? Okay, well I thought it was good enough to leave in.
112. Would you rather have unlimited sushi for life or unlimited tacos for life? (both are amazingly delicious and can be any type of sushi/taco you want)
I love both so much, I don’t know how I would decide.
113. Would you rather get one free round trip international plane ticket every year or be able to fly domestic anytime for free?
Travel, travel, travel, oh to be traveling again.
114. Would you rather be able to be free from junk mail or free from email spam for the rest of your life?
Now you can choose between old school spam and new spam. But the real question is, what will be the next spam? And as a side bonus for reading these things, here is a link to where you can opt out of some junk mail.
115. Would you rather give up bathing for a month or give up the internet for a month?
How much stink is the internet worth?
116. Would you rather give up watching TV/movies for a year or give up playing games for a year?
That includes phone games for those app gamers out there. Who knows, even with how much I love entertainment, it might be good to unplug from both for a year.
117. Would you rather never be able to drink sodas like coke again or only be able to drink sodas and nothing else?
This one totally depends on how much you love sodas vs. how much you love other drinks.
118. Would you rather have amazingly fast typing/texting speed or be able to read ridiculously fast?
Input. Output. What is more important to you?
119. Would you rather live under a sky with no stars at night or live under a sky with no clouds during the day?
As a side note, if you hate clouds, check out the southwest USA.
120. Would you rather have free Wi-Fi wherever you go or be able to drink unlimited free coffee at any coffee shop?
But I need both! Lots of coffee shops have free Wi-Fi, but as soon as you step out, it vanishes. Global connectivity or global caffeine. The choice is yours.
121. Would you rather take amazing selfies, but all of your other pictures are horrible or take breathtaking photographs of anything but yourself?
You going for the influencer life or that photographer life? Either way, keep hustling!
122. Would you rather never get a paper cut again or never get something stuck in your teeth again?
Not sure which I would pick, but either would be a blessing.
123. Would you rather never have another embarrassing fall in public or never feel the need to pass gas in public again?
Who knows, maybe you like passing gas in public, I don’t know how nasty you are. This might be an easy question for those crop dusters out there.
124. Would you rather lose your best friend or all of your friends except for your best friend?
Guess it all depends how awesome your best friend is or if you prefer that friend buffet action.
125. Would you rather it never stops snowing (the snow never piles up) or never stops raining (the rain never causes floods)?
Sure, both will get annoying after a while, but which would be less annoying?
126. Would you rather never be able to leave your own country or never be able to fly in an airplane?
How much do you like riding on trains and boats?
127. Would you rather never have a toilet clog on you again or never have the power go out again?
The water always goes down, or the grid always stays up.
128. Would you rather earbuds and headphones never sit right on / in your ears or have all music either slightly too quiet or slightly too loud?
Can you tell that I get way too bothered by slight inconveniences? Maybe this list says more about me than it should.
129. Would you rather be the best in the world at climbing trees or the best in the world at jumping rope?
Both you could conceivably make a living with, and both are pretty good cardio.
130. Would you rather never run out of battery power for whatever phone and tablet you own or always have free Wi-Fi wherever you go?
No more carrying charging cords and a bandolier of spare batteries. Or all you can eat of that sweet, sweet, free Wi-Fi pie.
131. Would you rather never have to clean a bathroom again or never have to do dishes again?
In the battle of the chores which is more of a pain?
132. Would you rather eat an egg with a half-formed chicken inside or eat ten cooked grasshoppers?
Crunch, crunch, crunch, time to expand your palette my friend!
133. Would you rather only wear one color each day or have to wear seven colors each day?
You feeling that Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat vibe or are you more of a Man in Black?
134. Would you rather eat rice with every meal and never be able to eat bread or eat bread with every meal and never be able to eat rice?
What is your carb of choice? Big and squishy or small and squishy?
135. Would you rather travel the world for a year all expenses paid or have $40,000 to spend on whatever you want?
Experiences or things, which do you value more?
136. Would you rather be able to go to any theme park in the world for free for the rest of your life or eat for free at any drive-through restaurant for the rest of your life?
You would definitely get more use out of the drive through unless you live in a place like Orlando, Florida. But would that be a good thing? Can you eat healthy at drive-throughs?
137. Would you rather be the absolute best at something that no one takes seriously or be well above average but not anywhere near the best at something well respected?
How much do others’ opinions of you matter?
138. Would you rather it be impossible for you to be woken up for 11 straight hours every day, but you wake up feeling amazing, or you can be woken up normally but never feel totally rested?
Basically, do you want to be a normal person over the age of 30 or not be able to be woken up for 11 hours each day. I seriously miss being totally rested.
139. Would you rather have everything in your house perfectly organized by a professional or have a professional event company throw the best party you’ve ever been to, in your honor?
I wanna rock! I wanna be organized! I think your friends might already know your answer to this one.
140. Would you rather have unlimited amounts of any material you want to build a house, but you have to build the house all by yourself or have a famed architect design and build you a modest house?
If you choose the first option, what materials would you want to build your house from? And if you chose the second option what kind of house do you think of when you hear a “modest” house?
141. Would you rather never sweat again but not be more prone to heat stroke or never feel cold again but cold still physically affects you (i.e., you can freeze to death)?
I guess what I’m asking is, do you prefer to be sweaty or cold?
142. Would you rather accept help or just take care of things on your own?
This one could be about how stubborn you are or perhaps how little you regard other peoples’ abilities.
143. Would you rather live in a nice house in a boring town or a rough house in an exciting town?
All about that night life or all about that home life? Up to you.
144. Would you rather be fluent in legalese or fluent in French?
Learning a new language is always useful. But would it be better to understand contracts and terms of service or converse fluently in the City of Lights. Depends I guess on how you feel about France and the French.
145. Would you rather be able to speed read or speak at an incredible speed?
Lots of knowledge to be had with speed reading, but a lucrative career as a rapper or that person that reads the fine print at the end of commercials.
146. Would you rather remember everyone’s name you’ve ever met or know how to mix every cocktail ever made?
Not really related, but both super useful skills especially for networking. That is assuming you hang out with people who drink or you want to be a bartender.
147. Would you rather be given a top tier gaming PC or a top tier Apple computer? Both are the same price.
I guess in the end this is more of a brand loyalty question, but could still be fun to answer.
148. Would you rather type faster or dance better?
You can decide how these scale, maybe fastest typist in the world vs the 10th best dancer or something along those lines.
149. Would you rather have infrared vision that you can turn on/off at will or 20x normal telescopic vision?
Binocular or night vision, both super useful and both could be used for good or ill, or just totally mundane things like not turning on the light when you get up in the middle of the night or reading far away signs.
150. Would you rather be a great success in your personal life or your professional life?
The age-old question of family or career. It’s real hard to have both.
151. Would you rather sleep on the floor with a pillow and blanket or sleep on a bed without a pillow or blanket?
This is one of those questions, like the toilet paper top or bottom question, that people tend to really have a strong opinion one way or the other. Not quite sure why though.
152. Would you rather eat something savory or sweet?
This one isn’t about right now. More of a in general question. Most people swing back and forth but tend to favor either sweet or savory more.
153. Would you rather read a hardback book or a paperback book?
Some people definitely have a strong preference, others not so much. You’ll never know unless you ask.
154. Would you rather take a weeklong hiking / camping vacation or a weeklong cruise?
The great outdoors or the great buffet. Active or chill, what’s your vacation vibe?
155. Would you rather owe someone a lot of money or owe them a big favor?
The Godfather dilemma, “Someday, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, accept this justice as a gift on my daughter’s wedding day.”
156. Would you rather hang out with your family or your friends?
This one is highly dependent on how good a person’s family is and how good their family is. If it’s about a tie, this might be tough one but otherwise you could probably give this one a pass.
157. Would you rather star in a movie or a TV series?
Not like one of those documentary movies, but one that is in a theatre. And the TV series is relatively popular and long running.
158. Would you rather have a new expensive pair of shoes or an expensive pair of sunglasses?
Who doesn’t love to have nice things? But the question is, which nice things would you prefer?
159. Would you rather perform in a circus or act in plays?
Both aren’t easy, but they take wildly different skill sets to do well. Are you destined for the stage or the ring?
160. Would you rather be lost in the woods of a mountain for a year or stranded on a tropical island for a year?
Sure, you’re a survivor and you’re not going to give up. But in which environment do you think you’d thrive?
161. Would you rather ask for help with a difficult task or figure out how to do it yourself?
I suppose YouTube kind of blurs the line between asking for help and figuring out how to do it yourself. But let’s say for the sake of getting to the root of the question that there is no service / wifi at the place you need to do the task.
162. Would you rather be able to drink or eat as much as you want without weight or health consequences?
This kind of assumes that you can or do drink, if you are talking to someone who doesn’t drink alcohol maybe give this one a pass.
163. Would you rather only need to sleep three hours a day without being tired / hurting your health or only need to eat once a week without being hungry / hurting your health?
As a foodie that doesn’t get enough sleep, I know which one I would choose, but you might have a different thought. At least with the not needing to eat all the time it would be easy lose weight.
164. Would you rather be YouTube famous or TV famous?
These days it kind of seems like they are converging, maybe you might not see much of a difference in fame level between the two. But it definitely a different kind of famous and your audience is way different as well.
165. Would you rather have your whole house completely carpeted or completely tiled?
We are talking bathrooms, kitchen, bedrooms, garage, everything. Not the most exciting of questions, but yeah did you know back in the day some bathrooms were carpeted?
166. Would you rather be a drum prodigy or a bass guitar prodigy?
Yes, all stereotypes of drummers and bassists are welcome.
167. Would you rather have a huge event wedding or a small one and use the money you saved to go on an amazing honeymoon?
Go big or go on vacation. Both have their pros and cons.
Hard would you rather questions
I thought that these were some of the harder would you rather questions to answer. I’m not sure if you’ll agree, but I bet you’ll have a good time answering them.
168. Would you rather super sensitive taste or super sensitive hearing?
Both would probably get equally annoying after a while. Accidentally tasting a fart and hearing car alarms from a mile away while you try to sleep would get old really quick.
169. Would you rather have constantly dry eyes or a constant runny nose?
Ugh, both would be so bad. So annoying. It’s like a nightmare, a very mild but constantly irritating one.
170. Would you rather never lose your phone again or never lose your keys again?
For someone who is always losing both, this question is a hard one for me.
171. Would you rather have out of control body hair or a strong, pungent body odor?
We are talking like Harry and the Hendersons level of body hair and as for the body odor, let’s say like a really strong cheese smell.
172. Would you rather be unable to have kids or only be able to conceive quintuplets?
Whew, how much do you want kids? Zero or five definitely makes the choice a little trickier! Of course, if you never want kids, I guess this is a super easy one to answer.
173. Would you rather clean rest stop toilets or work in a slaughterhouse for a living?
Both hard jobs with their own set of difficulties, but which do you think you would be more suited to?
174. Would you rather lose all your money and valuables or all the pictures you have ever taken?
If you have an amazing memory, this one might be an easy one to answer. Otherwise, I guess it comes down to how sentimental you are.
175. Would you rather find your true love or a suitcase with five million dollars inside?
Money or love, love or money. How much do you love money?
176. Would you rather not be able to see any colors or have mild but constant tinnitus (ringing in the ears)?
Just depends on how much you love color or how much you hate annoying sounds.
177. Would you rather have chapped lips that never heal or terrible dandruff that can’t be treated?
Another of the lose, lose would you rather question. So, which is worse, painful lips or painless but seriously robust dandruff.
178. Would you rather live without hot water for showers/baths or live without a washing machine?
If you are one of those people without either, I wish you the best. I’ve been without both before for a bit, it isn’t easy.
179. Would you rather be alone for the rest of your life or always be surrounded by annoying people?
Not really a good choice here unless you really don’t like being around other people.
180. Would you rather be locked in a room that is constantly dark for a week or a room that is constantly bright for a week?
Also, in either scenario, you don’t have a phone or source of light. And don’t have a way to block the light in the bright room.
181. Would you rather accidentally be responsible for the death of a child or accidentally be responsible for the deaths of three adults?
This is a variation of the train track dilemma. Is a child’s life worth more than an adult life? Which would cause you the most guilt? And why?
182. Would you rather know when you are going to die or how you are going to die? (You can’t change the time or method of your death.)
I would probably go with not knowing either, but that’s not one of the choices.
183. Would you rather have everything you eat be too salty or not salty enough no matter how much salt you add?
This is a hard one for me, because I love food, and either one sounds just awful.
184. Would you rather never have to work again or never have to sleep again (you won’t feel tired or suffer negative health effects)?
No need for sleep would definitely give you a lot more hours to live life, but then again permanent retirement sounds pretty good too.
185. Would you rather never use social media sites/apps again or never watch another movie or TV show?
This one will probably shine some light on what screen you like shining light on you. And yes, Reddit counts as social media for all those Redditors out there.
186. Would you rather be fluent in all languages and never be able to travel or be able to travel anywhere for a year but never be able to learn a word of a different language?
All the languages of the world, but no travel. Trip of a lifetime but never being able to learn even a world of a different language. Tough choice.
187. Would you rather be put in a maximum-security federal prison with the hardest of the hardened criminals for one year or be put in a relatively relaxed prison where wall street types are held for ten years?
Prison is rough for anyone, but some prisons are definitely worse than others!
188. Would you rather have everything on your phone right now (browsing history, photos, etc.) made public to anyone who searches your name or never use a cell phone again?
Yeah, this one is painful, but I reckon a lot of folks will be switching back to landline. Hit me up on my beeper!
189. Would you rather be an amazing artist but not be able to see any of the art you created or be an amazing musician but not be able to hear any of the music you create?
Would you still create art if you couldn’t experience your creations?
190. Would you rather have everyone laugh at your jokes but not find anyone else’s jokes funny or have no one laugh at your jokes but you still find other people’s jokes funny?
I don’t really know how you wouldn’t be able to find other people’s jokes funny and still make jokes. Maybe if you were like some hyper-intelligent joke telling artificial intelligence. Anyways, I guess not many of these are grounded in reality, that’s what makes them fun!
191. Would you rather wake up in the middle of an unknown desert or wake up in a rowboat on an unknown body of water?
Is the water fresh or salt? Who knows! No going back on your choice after you taste the water.
192. Would you rather always have a great body for your entire life but have slightly below average intelligence or have a mediocre body for your entire life but be slightly above average in intelligence?
It’s like the classic beauty versus intelligence question but turned down in intensity to like a 3 or 4.
193. Would you rather be in debt for $100,000 or never be able to make more than $3,500 a month?
The real question is, do you believe in yourself? Can you claw your way out of debt and make a ton of money? Or is 3.5k good with you and it’s not worth chancing it with that amount of debt?
194. Would you rather have the police hunting you for a murder you didn’t commit or a psychopathic clown hunting you?
You could just figure out a way to kill the clown, but then it is a clown… hunting you. You know, the stuff of nightmares.
195. Would you rather be constantly tired no matter how much you sleep or constantly hungry no matter how much you eat?
Assuming that there are no health problems besides the feeling of hunger and sleepiness.
Wow, being exhausted would be rough but being hangry all the time might be worse.
196. Would you rather live a comfortable and peaceful life in the woods in a small cabin without much human interaction or a life full of conflict and entertainment in a mansion in a city?
I like this question because it tells you a lot about what a person wants from life.
197. Would you rather walk around work or school for the whole day without realizing there is a giant brown stain on the back of your pants or realize the deadline for that important paper/project was yesterday, and you are nowhere near done?
Public humiliation or academic failure, what is your poison of preference?
198. Would you rather be so afraid of heights that you can’t go to the second floor of a building or be so afraid of the sun that you can only leave the house on rainy days?
Sure, I could use this opportunity to make fun of a particularly rainy city or country, but I’m not going to. Because I don’t want people from there to email me.
199. Would you rather get tipsy from just one sip of alcohol and ridiculously drunk from just one alcoholic drink or never get drunk no matter how much alcohol you drank?
Cheap nights out or the reigning champion of drinking contests. I reckon it depends on what you consider a good time.
200. Would you rather be hired for a well-paying job that you lied to get and have no idea how to do or be about to give the most important presentation of your life but you can’t remember any of the material you prepared?
The question is, are you better at short-term high-pressure BS or the long con BS that it takes to fool everyone at the company.
201. Would you rather get $2,000 a month until you die or $500,000 right now?
The old lottery dilemma, up front now or over time? Also, depends a lot on how long you are expecting to live.
202. Would you rather lose the three possessions you hold most dear or lose everything else except for those three possessions?
And I mean, we’ve got to know what those three possessions are.
203. Would you rather get a suitcase that has $10,000 or a suitcase that has a 50/50 chance to be $1,000 or $50,000?
Another one of those questions that looks at how risk seeking or risk averse someone is.
204. Would you rather help one person a lot who really needs it or make one hundred people’s lives a little bit better?
This seems like a simple question, but it does get at the heart of a deeper ethical question about what constitutes the greater good. Does the amount of people or the amount of help matter more?
205. Would you rather eat a live worm or a dead worm?
206. Would you rather be completely offline for the next year or lose a finger or toe of your choice?
How addicted to tech are you? Losing a finger or toe might be worth it.
207. Would you rather instantly get to your goal weight and get buff / in shape or instantly grow 4 inches?
I guess this one depends a lot on whether you want to be taller or not. I think if you are asking someone already pretty tall it might be better to try a different question.
208. Would you rather have a leaky faucet that can’t be fixed / replaced or a running toilet that can’t be fixed / replaced?
Both incredible annoying but different sounds. Oh and neither is not an option.
209. Would you rather have a non-venomous spider infestation or a mouse infestation in your house?
Depending on your phobias, you probably know which one right away. But if you are cool with both the spiders might be the more chill roommates.
210. Would you rather cheat at a game and win or lose but know you gave it your best shot?
Okay, so you know which answer you “should” choose. But which would you really choose?
211. Would you rather stay in one of those sensory deprivation tanks for a day or in a room designed for overstimulation for a day?
This one is pretty hard to answer if you’ve never been sensory deprived. But if you’ve spent some time in a quiet place with no phone or entertainment you can kind of get the gist.
212. Would you rather swallow five live worms or one live cockroach?
Just pretend they are squirmy gummy worms or skittering chips and either should go down fine!
213. Would you rather everyone who meets you (including family) forget who you are and that they ever knew you two hours after you leave their sight or everyone who meets you know absolutely everything you did for the last 48 hours?
It’s either going to be a really lonely existence or you are going to have to be careful what you do and say two days before you go out. Either that or just stop caring what people think of you.
Deep would you rather questions
These would you rather questions are great for making you think a bit more than your average would you rather question. I don’t think they’ll give you an existential crisis, but hopefully they will make you think about something in a new light.
214. Would you rather be feared by all or loved by all?
The perfect question for all you aspiring dictators out there.
215. Would you rather sell all of your possessions or sell one of your organs?
You pick the organ, but you still have to go through surgery. But at least you get to pick if you go that route.
216. Would you rather be infamous in history books or be forgotten after your death?
People say any publicity is good publicity, but I’ll leave you to be the judge of that.
217. Would you rather be reincarnated as a fly or just cease to exist after you die?
Is it better to live life eating poop, or not to live at all?
218. Would you rather never get angry or never be envious?
Get your Buddha on and be at peace, but which one plagues you more?
219. Would you rather have a horribly corrupt government or no government?
I love this question because it gets into where the line is between a government helping its citizens thrive vs. holding them back. When does a government cease being a useful tool for the humans living under it?
220. Would you rather be held in high regard by your parents or your friends?
Your answer will probably depend a lot on your relationship with your parents and how close you are to your friends.
221. Would you rather be poor but help people or become incredibly rich by hurting people?
If you answer this one truthfully, even if it’s only to yourself, you might learn a lot about who you are. What you do with that knowledge is up to you.
222. Would you rather humans go to the moon again or go to mars?
Close or far, where should we hit up next?
223. Would you rather know the uncomfortable truth of the world or believe a comforting lie?
How blissful is ignorance? Even if you know the truth does it change anything? Red pill or blue pill time.
224. Would you rather die in 20 years with no regrets or die in 50 years with many regrets?
A tough choice, a good life or a long life. A short life or a life full of regrets.
225. Would you rather be transported permanently 500 years into the future or 500 years into the past?
This one totally depends on whether you are optimistic about the future of humans or not. Also lets you know if you prefer to take a chance or bet on something you know.
226. Would you rather donate your body to science or donate your organs to people who need them?
Scientific research or helping those in need, both worthy goals.
227. Would you rather be famous when you are alive and forgotten when you die or unknown when you are alive but famous after you die?
Legacy or life in the limelight, your choice! For a lot of people their greatest wish is to never be forgotten. For others, it’s what happens in life that matters.
228. Would you rather go to jail for 4 years for something you didn’t do or get away with something horrible you did but always live in fear of being caught?
Four years is a long time, but the rest of your life in fear might be just as bad.
229. Would you rather live in the wilderness far from civilization with no human contact or live on the streets of a city as a homeless person?
This’ll be an easy choice for those who prefer rural life and like to be alone, but a much harder choice for those who enjoy the company of others.
230. Would you rather live your entire life in a virtual reality where all your wishes are granted or just in the normal real world?
Is the real world, is this just fantasy, caught in a landslide…
231. Would you rather have a horrible job, but be able to retire comfortably in 10 years or have your dream job, but have to work until the day you die?
How much can you put up with, that’s the question!
232. Would you rather lose all of your memories from birth to now or lose your ability to make new long-term memories?
It would be rough to lose your identity, but then it would also be pretty rough not to remember anything but your early years.
233. Would you rather always be able to see 5 minutes into the future or always be able to see 100 years into the future?
With 5 minutes into the future you would make a pretty awesome superhero, with 100 years you could see how the future of humanity will change based on choices made today.
234. Would you rather be forced to kill one innocent person or five people who committed minor crimes?
This is a great one for figuring out how much you value the law over the individual.
235. Would you rather work very hard at a rewarding job or hardly have to work at a job that isn’t rewarding?
This one gets to the essence of whether you get more meaning from work or your free time.
236. Would you rather have a criminal justice system that actually works and is fair or an administrative branch that is free of corruption?
Okay so maybe branches of government aren’t super exciting, but they are important for society. So, which do you think does more good for the country, a good judicial branch or a good administrative branch?
237. Would you rather have real political power but be relatively poor or be ridiculously rich and have no political power?
While money usually equates power, we are switching it up for this question. Do you prefer the power to guide your own fate or the power to control the fate of others?
238. Would you rather have the power to gently nudge anyone’s decisions or have complete puppet master control of five people?
This question could get real dark, real quick. But let’s not shy away from asking questions that might tell us more about ourselves and our friends. Don’t forget to discuss the moral implications of your choice.
239. Would you rather live in a utopia as a normal person or in a dystopia but you are the supreme ruler?
This a great one for getting a rough idea of the level of megalomania bouncing between those synapses of yours.
240. Would you rather snitch on your best friend for a crime they committed or go to jail for the crime they committed?
Oh, sure we know the answer you’ll say, but which one is ACTUALLY true.
241. Would you rather be born again in a totally different life or born again with all the knowledge you have now?
I’m guessing your answer might depend a lot on how much you like your parents and the country you live in.
242. Would you rather all conspiracy theories be true or live in a world where no leaders really know what they are doing?
You want the Illuminati or the IllumiNOTi? … I’ll show myself out.
243. Would you rather know all the mysteries of the universe or know every outcome of every choice you make?
Knowledge is power, and either choice is a lot of power to wield. Choose well!
244. Would you rather spend two years with your soul mate only to have them die and you never love again or spend your life with someone nice you settled for?
You can tell a lot about how you view love and relationships by how you answer this question.
245. Would you rather have all corporations know all of your computer usage or the government know all of your computer usage?
Both very dystopian, and both kind of already true.
246. Would you rather inherit 20 million dollars when you turn 18 or spend the time earning 50 million dollars through your hard work?
You could easily make a case for either one, but which one will you pick?
247. Would you rather the general public think you are a horrible person, but your family is very proud of you, or your family thinks you are a horrible person, but the general public be very proud of you?
Who is more important to you, family or humanity at large? Why?
248. Would you rather fight for a cause you believe in, but doubt will succeed or fight for a cause that you only partially believe in but have a high chance of your cause succeeding?
How about it, future revolutionaries?! Are you idealists? Or pragmatists?
249. Would you rather be famous for inventing a deadly new weapon or invent something that helps the world but someone else gets all the credit for inventing it?
Are you all about you or all about humanity? Is it the credit or the outcome that is more important?
250. Would you rather live in a haunted house where the ghosts ignore you and do their own thing or be a ghost in a house living out a pleasant and uneventful week from your life again and again?
Maybe it’s just me thinking that a lot of these questions would make good movies. But I could totally see either of these being a touching drama.
251. Would you rather write a novel that will be widely considered the most important book in the past 200 years, but you and the book will only be appreciated after your death or be the most famous erotica writer of your generation?
They are both noble callings. Either way, you are helping folks out.
252. Would you rather have done something horribly embarrassing and only your best friend knows or not done something horribly embarrassing, but everyone except your best friend thinks you did it?
Is reality or what people think more important to you?
253. Would you rather eat at the same restaurant you usually do or a new restaurant that just opened?
I feel like this once gets a bigger truth about whether a person seeks the familiar and safe or the novel and risky.
254. Would you rather be given a new BMW now or be given a truly epic $2 million dollar mausoleum after you die?
It’ll be awesome, but you won’t be around to see it. Also, people will remember you, but you won’t be around to enjoy that either. Depends on how much a legacy matters to you.
255. Would you rather remember every single thing that happened in the last 10 years of your life or know what you are going to do for the next 10 months but not be able to change it?
Why wouldn’t you be able to change it? I don’t know, fate, destiny, it’s a would you rather question don’t look too much into it.
256. Would you rather stop everyone in the world except for yourself from getting any illness or stop yourself from ever getting any illness while the rest of the world stays as it is?
This includes non-infectious illnesses like cancer and Alzheimer’s and no one will know it was you who cured all illness. So, will it be your good or the greater good?
257. Would you rather be a human brain in a robot body or have your brain enhanced with a computer in your human body?
How much cyborg are you comfortable with? I imagine it would also have an impact on lifespan as well.
258. Would you rather solve problems in the world or just live your life without worrying about the problems in the world?
This one is less of a hypothetical and more of personal question about how you view the world and your place in it.
259. Would you rather be the most popular person in your school / workplace or the smartest / most talented?
What I was going for with this question is trying to see whether acclaim and fame or people liking them drives the person more.
260. Would you rather live in a country with more rules and societal expectations that is safer and more organized or a country with less rules and societal expectations that is more dangerous and chaotic?
This question was inspired by a pair of episodes from the podcast Freakanomics. (The U.S. Is Just Different — So Let’s Stop Pretending We’re Not and The Pros and Cons of America’s (Extreme) Individualism). Worth a listen if you have the time.
261. Would you rather live as a hermit for ten years or live the rest of your life in a country chosen completely at random?
Feeling lucky? Or maybe you just want to get away from the world? As always, more details to flesh out the reasoning behind the answer are better.
271. Would you rather genuinely and unironically love every movie you see or song you hear despite the quality of the movie or song and what others think of it?
It would be like every song is your new favorite song, or every movie you see would be your new favorite. Infinite amazing entertainment or unlimited banging music.
272. Would you rather there be absolutely nothing after you die or wander the earth as a ghost unable to interact with people or things and be alone for eternity?
Back to where you were before you were born, or forever a watcher. I always liked that Mark Twain quote “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
273. Would you rather live in a house that is incredibly unique and beautiful but plain on the inside or one that is incredibly unique and beautiful on the inside but plain on the outside?
I was hoping this question might get at whether a person gets more satisfaction from the attention they get from other people or what they surround themselves with.
274. Would you rather take a pill that gives you 100 more healthy years or a pill that makes you 10x more intelligent than you currently are?
Maybe you could use that intelligence to find a cure for aging, or maybe you can use those 100 years to build up knowledge or find a way to boost human intelligence.
275. Would you rather know the secrets of everyone on Earth or know everything we don’t know about the universe except for the Earth?
Near infinite knowledge, or localized actionable knowledge. The secrets of the universe or the secrets of your fellow humans.
276. Would you rather everyone in the world be kinder and more compassionate or more intelligent?
Peace on earth or a more intelligent species. Which one would lead to the greatest good? It’s up to you to ponder.
278. Would you rather be watched at all times by a strict but benevolent AI where there is no crime or poverty or live in a place with no laws, government, or leaders?
Basically a “utopian” police state run by computers or an anarchist’s wonderland. And while we are on the topic, which do you think would be better for humanity?
279. Would you rather live in a world run by children aged 5 to 12 or a world run by one supremely powerful person randomly selected by lottery every 15 years?
You might automatically lean towards the one supremely powerful person, but we all know that one person at work or school. Now just imagine that one person but they have unlimited power.
Weird would you rather questions
If you are looking for bizarre would you rather questions, you’ll find them here. If it was weird and not funny enough to go into the funny would you rather questions section, I put them here!
280. Would you rather your shirts be always two sizes too big or one size too small?
Rocking the baggy style or do you prefer the tightness?
281. Would you rather find five dollars on the ground or find all your missing socks?
This one is a pretty low bar. Like an entry level would you rather question.
281. Would you rather have one nipple or two belly buttons?
I’m not really sure how you would end up with two belly buttons, but I’m sure that it has happened before.
282. Would you rather eat a ketchup sandwich or a Siracha sandwich?
Let’s say for either one, it’s not like a little bit. It’s full-on oozing out of the sandwich when you bite into it.
283. Would you rather use a push lawnmower with a bar that is far too high or far too low?
This one is weird. But personal. My lawnmower had issues.
284. Would you rather eat a box of dry spaghetti noodles or two cups of uncooked rice?
Crunch, crunch, crunch, … wait was that a tooth? Either way, you’ll be getting increasingly full over the next two hours or so.
285. Would you rather eat a spoonful of wasabi or a spoonful of extremely spicy hot sauce?
Both spicy, but quite a different type of spice to each. There’s the short nose blast spicy or the long tongue burn spice. Oh, and you have nothing to wash either one down with.
286. Would you rather have hands that kept growing as you got older or feet that kept growing as you got older?
Yeah, so this one definitely belongs in the weird category.
287. Would you rather not be able to open any closed doors (locked or unlocked) or not be able to close any open doors?
Either way, it’s going to be a pain getting in and out of your house and still keep it safe.
288. Would you rather have plants grow at 20 times their normal rate when you are near or for people and animals to stop aging when you are near them?
I don’t know even know where you will go with this one. There are a lot of possibilities for each choice, so make sure to ask “Why?” when the person answers.
289. Would you rather always feel like someone is following you, but no one is, or always feel like someone is watching you, even though no one is?
There folks out there that have both conditions can’t imagine how tough that must be.
290. Would you rather live in a house with see-through walls in a city or in the same see-through house but in the middle of a forest far from civilization?
How much do you enjoy being around people? Would you give up social interaction for privacy?
291. Would you rather have every cat or dog that gets lost end up at your house or everyone’s clothes that they forget in the dryer get teleported to your house?
Either one would get annoying fast unless you found a way to make a business out of it.
292. Would you rather blink twice the normal rate or not be able to blink for 5 minutes but then have to close your eyes for 10 seconds every 5 minutes?
Either way, whoever you are talking to is going to be super uncomfortable.
293. Would you rather all plants scream when you cut them / pick their fruit or animals beg for their lives before they are killed?
So, yes, this could be considered creepy, cruel, and unsettling. But hey, you wanted difficult would you rather questions, right?
294. Would you rather wake up each morning to find that a random animal appendage has replaced your nondominant arm or permanently replace your bottom half with an animal bottom of your choice (not human)?
I want you to think long and hard about the realities of it before just shouting out “I want to be a centaur!”.
295. Would you rather have a map that shows you the location of anything you want to find and can be used again and again but has a margin of error of up to five miles or a device that allows you to find the location of anything you want with incredible accuracy but can only be used three times?
Would you be able to make those three uses count enough to make up for losing it or would it be better to have unlimited uses? Either way, you are going to make an awesome treasure hunter. I believe in you.
296. Would you rather have all animals feel compelled to obey you if you come within 10 feet of them or be given the opportunity to genetically design a pet that will be loyal only to you with the combined DNA of three animals?
You could make an amazing pet combining three animals, but then again being king of all animals (in close proximity) would be pretty amazing too.
297. Would you rather have someone impersonating you and doing really amazing things that you get the credit for or find money hidden in weird places all around your house every day but you can’t figure out where the money comes from or how it keeps getting there?
Money elves, creepy breaking and entering philanthropists, or something else. Random people hugging you on the street thanking you for what you’ve done, but you have no idea what “you” did.
298. Would you rather wake up every morning with a new hundred-dollar bill in your pocket but not know where it came from or wake up every morning with a new fifty-dollar bill in your pocket and know where it comes from?
Do you prefer the mystery and the extra 50 or would the not knowing slowly eat away at you?
299. Would you rather have a clown only you can see that follows you everywhere and just stands silently in a corner watching you without doing or saying anything or have a real-life stalker who dresses like the Easter bunny that everyone can see?
Can’t deny, I took some inspiration from Donnie Darko for this one.
300. Would you rather be an amazing virtuoso at any instrument but only if you play naked or be able to speak any language but only if you close your eyes and dance while you are doing it?
Just hope that recording studio has lots of sanitizing wipes.
301. Would you rather everything you dream each night come true when you wake up or everything a randomly chosen person dreams each night come true when they wake up?
Yeah, hard to say whether I would prefer my nightmares running around or someone else’s nightmares running around.
302. Would you rather have a boomerang that would find and kill any one person of your choosing, anywhere in the world, but can only be used once or a boomerang that always returns to you with one dollar?
Magic boomerangs. Well, I guess it was inevitable. You don’t start a huge list of would you rather questions without expecting magic boomerangs to show up at least once.
303. Would you rather have someone secretly give you LSD on a random day and time once every 6 months or have everyone in the world all take LSD at the same time once every 5 years?
You know I wonder what would happen if everyone in the world took LSD at once? Honestly, I have no idea, it probably wouldn’t be good. One thing is for certain though, whatever happened would be weird.
304. Would you rather all electrical devices mysteriously stop working (possibly forever) or the governments of the world are only run by people going through puberty?
Well, they made a show about all the electrical devices stopping. Now they just need to have a new West Wing with junior high students in place of all the politicians.
305. Would you rather have an immortal murderous sloth that always knows your location always slowly hunting you or never be able to find clothes that fit properly, clothes that are always a little uncomfortable?
Always on the move or always uncomfortable? Makes me wonder what a murderous sloth would look like, similar to a regular one but with a glint of malice in its’ eyes perhaps?
306. Would you rather fight an angry 15ft anaconda to the death or 15 angry koalas to the death?
This is assuming you have buns, because as we all know, anacondas don’t want none unless you got buns. Also, koalas can be pretty terrifying, not saying anacondas aren’t, but don’t underestimate a pissed off koala.
307. Would you rather live in a house filled with mannequins dressed as clowns or a house filled with porcelain dolls?
Both very creepy in their own special horrifying way, but which would you rather walk through at night with all the lights out?
308. Would you rather have the olfactory senses of a dog or see more colors in the electromagnetic spectrum like a mantis shrimp?
Either way it would be a super cool new way to experience the world. Also, if you don’t know much about the mantis shrimp, look them up, they are genuinely amazing.
309. Would you rather live in a world of smooth curves with no sharp angles or a word of only sharp angles and no curves? Assuming humans keep the shape they are now.
Are you going for that Antoni Gaudí vibe or that Josep Maria Subirachs vibe? Shout out to all my Catalan readers.
310. Would you rather be forced to speak in a single different accent not of your choosing forever or speak in a random different accent whenever you wake up for one year?
Friends and colleagues are going to be looking at you real weird for that one year. But at least it ends right?
311. Would you rather have all your meals prepared for you but you don’t get to choose the dish or sleep eight hours every night but you don’t get to choose your bedtime?
Kind of a weird one but depending on how picky of an eater you are or how sleep deprived you are it might be interesting.
312. Would you rather be a human swiss army knife like Inspector Gadget or be the richest person in the World?
This is a difficult one the more you think of it. You could change a lot of things in the World with that much money. But come on, Gadget powers would be pretty amazing.
313. Would you rather have your friends never bail on plans they make or be able to make shoot paper into a trash bin no matter how difficult the shot?
This one depends a lot on how flaky your friends are. If your friends rarely cancel you could probably skip this one since it’s a pretty easy choice.
314. Would you rather be able to see through walls but not windows or stay the same as you are now?
Sure, you might jump all over the see through walls, but you have to consider you might not want to see everything that goes on behind walls. Also, people will look at you weird with you staring at walls all the time.
315. Would you rather always know exactly what time it is or always know which direction you are facing?
A human compass or a human clock, it’s like the lamest set of super powers.
316. Would you rather have the ability to change your hair color at will or the color of your clothes at will?
Either one would be very cool, but kind of depends on how much fun they like to have with their hair or clothes. Now you can find out if the person you are asking is more of a colorful hair person or a colorful clothes person.
317. Would you rather have all drugs be legalized or dueling between consenting adults be legalized?
We are talking ALL drugs, not just the fun and useful ones. And perhaps dueling would be popular or perhaps not. Either choice could possibly lead to quite a bit of chaos or might not do much of anything.
Extra would you rather questions
- Would you rather live without a dishwasher or a clothes dryer?
- Would you rather feel safe and secure no matter if there is danger or never be in danger but always feel like you were?
- Would you rather start a new religion or be high up in the rankings of a major religion?
- Would you rather be reborn as a tree or an insect?
- Would you rather wear a hat or put on sunscreen?
- Would you rather go to a busy city or a quiet place for a vacation?
- Would you rather talk to your friend on the phone or text?
- Would you rather use the self-checkout line or go through a line with a cashier in a grocery store?
- Would you rather be too hot or too cold?
- Would you rather jump out of an airplane or hang glide?
- Would you rather stick with what’s comfortable for you or follow the latest trend?
- Would you rather drive a car or ride public transportation?
- Would you rather listen to a podcast or an audio book?
- Would you rather go to a new restaurant every weekend for a month or go to the same restaurant that you know is good for a month?
- Would you rather go on a resort vacation or a backpacking vacation?
- Would you rather have four sons or four daughters?
- Would you rather spend money on fine dining or brand name things?
- Would you rather live in a run-down RV or a luxury tiny house?
- Would you rather do cross-fit or yoga?
- Would you rather do a physically hard job for a day or a boring job for a week?
- Would you rather live in a city or a suburb?
- Would you rather spend the last day of your life at home with friends and family or somewhere you always dreamed of going?
- Would you rather have a lot of time or a lot of money?
- Would you rather live your life with tasteless food or without friends?
- Would you rather go to India or Egypt?
- Would you rather go on a liquid diet or a meat only diet?
- Would you rather dance in public or do a public speech?
- Would you rather learn Korean or Japanese?
- Would you rather go clothes shopping in a store or online?
- Would you rather spend a day hiking or hanging out at a beach?
- Would you rather buy something practical or pretty for your partner?
- Would you rather go to Disney or Universal Studios?
- Would you rather watch a horror movie or a bizarre artsy movie?
- Would you rather drive a sports car or a Tesla?
- Would you rather be really good at magic tricks or making jokes?
- Would you rather save 10 children or 20 adults?
- Would you rather lose your front teeth or all your hair?
- In a heist, would you rather be in the action or work behind a computer?
- Would you rather be more talented at singing or acting?
- Would you rather deal with a hurricane or a tsunami?
- Would you rather have the wisdom of elders or the energy of youth?
- Would you rather be a leader or a follower?
- Would you rather eat watermelon with mustard or drink coffee with orange juice?
- Would you rather have a mosquito bite on your butt or the bottom of your foot?
- Would you rather be good at creating ideas or taking action?
- Would you rather not brush your teeth or not take a shower for a week?
- Would you rather get be tickled for 10 mins or not be able to talk for a week?
- Would you rather buy a small amount things as needed or in bulk from Costco?
- Would you rather do your homework/task in advance and enjoy the rest of your time or enjoy your time first and do the work last minute?
- When you are in a bad mood, would you rather cancel the plan with your friend or still show up?
- Would you rather have a non-stop burping disorder or a non-stop farting disorder?
- Would you rather raise newborn children or take care of elderly parents?
- Would you rather save your child or partner from drowning in the water?
- Would you rather have a poor but affectionate partner or a cold but rich partner?
- Would you rather binge watch documentaries or reality shows?
- Would you rather work hard to make yourself happy or towards a greater good?
- Would you rather stick with eating only healthy food or enjoy life eating whatever you want?
- When flying somewhere, would you rather pay less and have to do more lay overs or pay more for less layovers?
- Would you rather learn to box or a martial art?
- Would you rather go to see a Beatles or Queen cover band?
- Would you rather drive at night with your interior lights or have someone follow you the whole trip with their high beams on?
- Would you rather have food allergies or environmental allergies?
- Would you rather have a partner who has a similar personality but different hobbies/interests or a different personality but similar hobbies?
- Would you rather go out with someone who knows a lot of things or is good at sports?
- Would you rather have words of affirmation or acts of service?
- Would you rather to be able to run a long distance or be able to lift heavy weights?
- Would you rather work alone at home or in the office with other people?
- You had a long day. Would you rather go home or hang out with friends?
- Would you rather go to a party with a bunch of people you don’t know or a small gathering with people you know well?
- Would you rather get a tattoo or get your body pierced?
- Would you rather eat a live octopus or cow cartilage?
- When you receive a call from an unknown number would you rather answer the call or let it go to voicemail?
- Would you rather to be the center of attention or in the background at a party?
- Would you rather work in a quiet room or a cafe?
- Would you rather filter what you are about to say or say what’s on your mind?
- Would you rather read a paper book or on a tablet?
- Would you rather have a plain looking plant that grows on its own or something that needs care but gives you fruit or flowers?
- Would you rather go to an escape room or an axe throwing place with your friends?
- Would you rather drink mixed drinks or something on the rocks?
- Would you rather go on a snorkeling or a scuba diving trip?
- Would you rather buy products from name brands or a small business?
- You heard that your friend talked behind your back. Would you rather confront your friend or just stop talking to the friend?
- Would you rather fix the education system or health care?
- Would you rather spend hours to get something for free or pay for what you want right now?
- Would you rather go to a museum or a concert?
- Would you rather put up with toothache or headache?
- Would you rather have anchovies or pineapples on your pizza?
- Would you rather have friends who are similar to you or totally different?
- Would you rather make something fun with a laser cutter or a 3D printer?
- Would you rather have many options to choose from or just two?
- When you have a problem would you rather talk with someone or try to figure it out by yourself?
- Would you rather shave or wax?
- Would you rather eat savory food or sweet and savory food?
- Would you rather spend money on education or work more to build more experience in your field?
- Would you rather sleep with someone snoring or grinding their teeth?
- Would you rather go on domestic trips or trips to different countries?
- Would you rather put Sprite in beer or wine?
- Would you rather wake up one day as a different gender or stay with the same gender?
- Would you rather spend your day off relaxing near the pool or at home?
- Would you rather build a spa or a nice outdoor fireplace?
- Would you rather go on a cruise or to an all-inclusive resort?
- Would you rather read the book or watch the movie that is based on that book?
- Would you rather use a porta-potty or go somewhere there are no people in the woods?
- Would you rather ride a snow mobile or a jet ski?
- Would you rather eat a juicy cheesy burger or a fresh ingredient pizza with an amazing crust?
- Would you rather learn French or Russian?
- Your airplane crashed and you are the only survivor on an island. Would you rather eat fish or birds for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather get attacked by porcupines or skunks?
- Would you rather drink coffee without cream or without sugar?
- Would you rather be alone or with your family for Mother’s Day/Father’s Day? (If you are not a parent let’s imagine you are one)
- Would you rather do the dishes or do the laundry?
- Would you rather grow your own vegetables or buy them at a grocery store for the convenience?
- It’s a beautiful Sunday. After lunch would you rather take a walk or a nap?
- Would you rather work with coworkers you don’t enjoy being around at a great job or coworkers you love being around, but the job is boring?
- Would you rather wear comfortable but ugly shoes or very fashionable but uncomfortable shoes for a night out?
- Would you rather walk in and wait for 1 hour to get into a restaurant or make a reservation 1 month ahead?
- Would you rather do a bar crawl tour or a food tour?
- Would you rather watch YouTube or Netflix all day?
- Would you rather go into a crowded city because there are lots of cool places or stay outside of the city for peace and quiet?
- Would you rather plan things in advance or do things as it goes depending on what mood you are in?
- Would you rather cook good food or have someone else cook something okay for you?
- Would you rather spend money on a family restaurant or a fine dining restaurant on the weekend?
- Would you rather sleep with a fuzzy blanket or a thin cover?
- Would you rather spend more money on bedding or towels?
- In your hotel room, would you rather have a comfortable bed or an amazing shower?
- Would you rather live in a country where you know you are going to make a good money but don’t like the lifestyle or you make less money, but enjoy the lifestyle?
- Let’s say you are on a fasting diet, and you can eat only one meal a day. Would you rather eat a big lunch or big dinner?
- Would you rather work with animals or kids?
- Would you rather watch a foreign movie with subtitles or dubbed?
- Would you rather give money to a homeless person day by day or donate a lump sum to an organization?
- Would you rather have a metal door with triple locks, iron bars all around the windows as a security system for your home or none of those and just a gun?
- You have money to hire a personal designer. Would you rather redo your house or change your style from head to toe?
- Would you rather follow the instructions on how to do something or try without instructions?
- Would you rather have a friend who knows a lot of cool places to go or a friend who has lots of friends?
- Would you rather live in a big house with lots of stuff or in an apartment owning less things?
- Your work wants to pay you a bonus. Would you rather get a portion every 3 months or so or get a lump sum at the end of a year?
- Would you rather go to 3 – 5 different countries for a short amount of time or stay in one country a long time and experience that country in a deeper way?
- Would you rather have more rooms for storage or own less things?
- In some countries people slurp noodles, double dip, or eat food with fingers. Would you rather adopt their cultural practices or stick with what you are used to do when you are in their country?
Would you rather questions PDF and image
Here is an easily printable PDF of all the would you rather questions except the extra questions.
And here is an image of all those would you rather questions except the extra questions.