Truth or dare is the classic party game of embarrassment. A group of people take turns asking each other “truth or dare”? When someone chooses truth, they must answer the question truthfully regardless of how embarrassing it is. When someone chooses dare, they are given a task to complete. If they don’t like the first dare they can choose to be given another dare but they must complete the second dare. You cannot dare someone to answer a question.
It’s a great way to learn more about your friends. Maybe more than you ever wanted to know. And if they insist on remaining secretive at least you get to be entertained by them doing outrageous dares.
This is a list of some basic truth questions and dares to get you started. You can adapt them to suit the atmosphere of the get together. Just remember to not get too dark with the truth questions. You are aiming for embarrassment and hilarity. You can find out some pretty dark things about your friend’s past if you aren’t careful. Also remember to keep the dares at a reasonable level of craziness. Someone gets seriously injured or the cops get called and the party is over.
As long as you don’t go overboard, playing truth or dare can be a blast at parties. So use and adapt the truth questions and dares from this list, and have an incredibly embarrassing game of truth or dare!
Truth or Dare: Questions List
1. Who is your crush?
2. What is your deepest darkest fear?
3. Tell me about your first kiss.
4. Who is the sexiest person here?
5. What is your biggest regret?
6. Who here has the nicest butt?
7. What are your top three turn-ons?
8. Who was the last person you licked?
9. Have you ever cheated or been cheated on?
10. Tell me about your most awkward date.
11. Have you ever made out with someone here?
12. What are you most self-conscious about?
13. When was the last time you peed in bed?
14. What is the biggest lie you have ever told?
15. What is the most embarrassing picture of you?
16. Who is the person you most regret kissing?
17. Tell us your most embarrassing vomit story.
18. What is the naughtiest thing you’ve done in public?
19. What do most people think is true about you, but isn’t?
20. What is the biggest thing you’ve gotten away with?
21. What would you do if you were the opposite sex for a month?
22. What is the most expensive thing you have stolen?
23. What is the most childish thing you still do?
24. Have you ever let someone take the blame for something you did?
25. What do most of your friends think about you that is totally untrue?
26. Who here would you most like to make out with?
27. What lie have you told that hurt someone?
28. What is the meanest you have been to someone that didn’t deserve it?
29. What is something that people think you would never do but you have?
30. What was the worst encounter you had with a police officer?
31. What is the silliest thing you have an emotional attachment to?
32. Where is the strangest place you have peed?
33. Have you ever crapped your pants since you were a child?
34. What is the most embarrassing thing your parents have caught you doing?
35. What secret about yourself did you tell someone in confidence and then they told a lot of other people?
36. When was the most inappropriate time you farted?
37. What is the scariest dream you have ever had?
38. What is the most embarrassing thing in your room?
39. Why did you break up with your last boyfriend or girlfriend?
40. What is the stupidest thing you have ever done?
41. What is the grossest thing that has come out of your body?
42. What is your favorite thing that your boyfriend or girlfriend does?
43. What terrible thing have you done that you lied to cover up?
44. Who have you loved but they didn’t love you back?
45. What is something that you have never told anyone?
46. What is the most disgusting habit you have?
47. What pictures or videos of you do you wish didn’t exist?
48. What was the cruelest joke you played on someone?
49. What is the most embarrassing thing you have put up on social media?
50. What bad thing have you done that no one else found out about?
51. What was the most awkward romantic encounter you have had?
52. What is the grossest thing you have had in your mouth?
53. Tell me about the last time someone unexpectedly walked in on you while you were naked.
54. What is the most embarrassing nickname you have ever had?
55. What is the most embarrassing photo you have on your phone?
56. Describe your most recent romantic encounter in detail.
57. What is the weirdest thing you have done for a boyfriend or girlfriend?
58. Is it true that you (whatever you or the group suspects they do / did)?
59. When was the last time you picked your nose without a tissue?
60. What do you really hope your parents never find out about?
61. Tell me something you don’t want me to know.
62. What have you done that people here would judge you most for doing?
63. What would you do if you were the opposite gender for a day?
Truth or Dare: Dares List
1. Serenade the person to your right.
2. Talk in an accent for the next 3 rounds.
3. Kiss the person to your left.
4. Attempt to do a magic trick.
5. Do four cartwheels in row.
6. Let someone shave part of your body.
7. Eat five spoonfuls of a condiment.
8. Be someone’s pet for the next 5 minutes.
9. Attempt to break dance for 30 seconds.
10. Let the group give you a new hairstyle.
11. Do the worm.
12. Curse like sailor for 20 seconds straight.
13. Sniff the armpits of everyone in the room.
14. Dance to a song of the group’s choosing.
15. Take a shower with your clothes on.
16. Break two eggs on your head.
17. Do your best impression of a baby being born.
18. Belly dance like your life depended on it.
19. Put 4 ice cubes down your pants.
20. Lick the floor.
21. For a guy, put on makeup. For a girl, wash off your make up.
22. Dance with no music for 1 minute.
23. Try to drink a glass water while standing on your hands.
24. Let the group pose you in an embarrassing position and take a picture.
25. Play a song on by slapping your butt cheeks till someone guesses the song.
26. Give someone your phone and let them send one text to anyone in your contacts.
27. Depict a human life through interpretive dance.
28. Drink a small cup of a concoction that the group makes. (Don’t make anything that might cause bodily harm. No visits to the emergency room.).
29. Write something embarrassing somewhere on your body (that can be hidden with clothing) with a permanent marker.
30. Make every person in the group smile, keep going until everyone has cracked a smiled.
31. Let the person to your left draw on your face with a pen.
32. Make up a 30 second opera about a person or people in the group and perform it.
33. Beg and plead the person to your right not to leave you for that other boy or girl. Weeping, gnashing of teeth, and wailing is encouraged.
34. Do push ups until you can’t do any more, wait 5 seconds, and then do one more.
35. Sell a piece trash to someone in the group. Use your best salesmanship.
36. Let the group look through your phone for 2 minutes.
37. Switch clothes with someone of the opposite sex in the group for three rounds.
38. Imitate a celebrity every time you talk for three minutes.
39. Try to juggle 2 or 3 items of the group’s choosing.
40. Stick your arm into the trash can past your elbow.
41. Walk on your hands from one side of the room to the other. You can ask someone to hold your legs if necessary.
42. Gargle something that shouldn’t be gargled, but won’t hurt you.
43. Get slapped on the face by the person of your choosing.
44. Grab a trash can and make a hoop with your hands above the trash can. Have other members of the group try to shoot trash through your impromptu trashketball hoop. (No bottles or other injury causing trash should be thrown. Once again, no trips to the hospital please.)
45. Spin an imaginary hula hoop around your waist for 3 minutes while the game continues.
46. Imitate popular YouTube videos until someone can guess the video you are imitating.
47. Seduce a member of the same gender in the group.
48. Compose a poem on the spot based on something the group comes up with.
49. Poll dance for 1 minute with an imaginary pole.
50. Attempt to walk on your hands for as far as you can (don’t break anything with your feet).
51. Choose someone from the group to give you a spanking.
52. Post an extremely unflattering picture of yourself to the social media outlet of your choosing.
53. Make a funny face and keep making it for 2 minutes while the game continues.
54. Imagine something in your room. Now spell it with your nose and keep spelling it with your nose until someone from the group guesses what you are trying spell.
55. After the group chooses one rude word, sing a song and insert that rude word once into every line of the song.
56. Drag your butt on the carpet like a dog from one end of the room to the other. You’ll need to be wearing shorts or pants for this one.
57. Open a bag of snacks or candy using only your mouth, no hands or feet.
58. Bend at the waist so that you are looking behind you between your legs. Now run backwards until you can tag someone with your butt.
59. Make a tea out of something that isn’t tea (but isn’t dangerous / toxic) and drink it.
60. Go to the bathroom, take off your underwear and put it on your head. Wear it on your head for the rest of the game.
61. Act like whatever animal someone yells out for the next 1 minute.
62. Eat one teaspoon of the spiciest thing you have in the kitchen.
63. Transfer an ice cube from your mouth to the person’s mouth on your right.
64. Call the 7th contact in your phone and sing them 30 seconds of a song that the group chooses.
65. No talking. Pretend to be a food. Don’t pretend to eat the food, pretend to be the food. Keep pretending until someone in the group guesses the food you are.
66. Drop something in the toilet and then reach in to get it.
67. Find the person whose first name has the same letter as your first name or whoever’s first name’s first letter is closest to yours. Now lick their face.
68. Sit in a spinning chair and have the group spin you for 30 seconds. Might help to hold a trash can just in case.
69. Jump up and down as high as you can go for a full minute.
70. Let two people give you a wet willy at the same time.
71. Sing a praise song about a person of the groups choosing.
Truth or dare image
Truth or dare PDF
Here is the Truth or Dare questions and dares PDF.
More pages of questions
Never have I ever questions – It’s truth or dare’s cousin! Never have I ever is also a great conversation game that leads to some serious embarrassment or at least some interesting truths.
350 Good questions to ask – Tired of embarrassing your friends and want some good conversation?
Would you rather questions – You could also switch over to would you rather questions, we have over 50!