Whether it’s a coworker, acquaintance, or just someone you want to get to know a little better; it can be hard to make a connection with people. Not to worry though, I’m here to help with more than 200 questions to get to know someone.
Questions to get to know someone
- The first set of questions on this page are perfect for getting to know someone you just met or someone you don’t know well. They are casual yet interesting. If you are looking to get to know someone even better, you can jump to the next set of questions.
- The next set of questions are a little more personal or in depth. You probably wouldn’t want to ask these questions to folks you just met, but they are perfect for friends you want to get to know a little better.
- The last few questions are very personal. They are perfect for getting know someone you already know well. You can ask them to close friends and people you are in a relationship with.
Whichever level of question you choose, these 200 questions to get to know someone are perfect for learning more about someone. Remember to ask follow up questions to their answers to find out more!
We’ve also got a PDF and an image of all the questions at the bottom of the page!
Casual questions to get to know someone
1. What shows are you into?
2. What’s your claim to fame?
3. How often do you play sports?
4. Are you usually early or late?
5. What quirks do you have?
6. How often do you people watch?
7. What’s your favorite drink?
8. What do you hope never changes?
9. What’s your dream car?
10. Where would you rather be from?
11. What songs have you completely memorized?
12. What would you rate 10 / 10?
13. What job would you be terrible at?
14. What are you absolutely determined to do?
15. What skill would you like to master?
16. What website do you visit most often?
17. What would your perfect room look like?
18. What movie title best describes your life?
19. What age do you want to live to?
20. What kind of art do you enjoy most?
21. What takes up too much of your time?
22. What do you wish you knew more about?
23. What’s the best way to start the day?
24. What do you wish you knew more about?
25. How different was your life one year ago?
26. What’s the best single day on the calendar?
27. What are some things you’ve had to unlearn?
28. What’s your favorite genre of book or movie?
29. What’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home?
30. What TV channel doesn’t exist but really should?
31. Where is the most interesting place you’ve been?
32. What fad or trend do you hope comes back?
33. What city would you most like to live in?
34. When was the last time you climbed a tree?
35. What do you consider to be your best find?
36. What is special about the place you grew up?
37. What age do you wish you could permanently be?
38. What’s worth spending more on to get the best?
39. What are you most likely to become famous for?
40. What fictional place would you most like to go?
41. Where is the most relaxing place you’ve ever been?
42. What have you only recently formed an opinion about?
43. What is the most heartwarming thing you’ve ever seen?
44. What’s the most interesting piece of art you’ve seen?
45. What’s something you like to do the old-fashioned way?
46. Would you rather go hang gliding or whitewater rafting?
47. Who has impressed you most with what they’ve accomplished?
48. How do you relax after a hard day of work?
49. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
50. What job do you think you’d be really good at?
51. What pets did you have while you were growing up?
52. Where would you spend all your time if you could?
53. What would be the most amazing adventure to go on?
54. What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
55. What’s the best way a person can spend their time?
56. What one thing do you really want but can’t afford?
57. What is the luckiest thing that has happened to you?
58. What are some small things that make your day better?
59. What’s the best thing that happened to you last week?
60. What are you looking forward to in the coming months?
61. What’s your favorite piece of clothing you own / owned?
62. What is the most annoying habit that other people have?
63. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
64. What is the most impressive thing you know how to do?
65. What was the best book or series that you’ve ever read?
66. What question would you most like to know the answer to?
67. What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
68. Why did you decide to do the work you are doing now?
69. What state or country do you never want to go back to?
70. Where do you usually go when you have time off?
71. What are you most looking forward to in the next 10 years?
72. What game or movie universe would you most like to live in?
73. If you suddenly became a master at woodworking, what would you make?
74. What could you give a 40-minute presentation on with absolutely no preparation?
75. What amazing thing did you do that no one was around to see?
76. What hobby would you get into if time and money weren’t an issue?
77. If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
78. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
79. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
80. What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to it?
81. If all jobs had the same pay and hours, what job would you like to have?
82. Who’s your go to band or artist when you can’t decide on something to listen to?
83. If you were dictator of a small island nation, what crazy dictator stuff would you do?
84. What is something that is considered a luxury, but you don’t think you could live without?
85. What would be your first question after waking up from being cryogenically frozen for 100 years?
86. What is something that a ton of people are obsessed with but you just don’t get the point of?
87. If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would you have a good chance at winning medal for?
88. What piece of entertainment do you wish you could erase from your mind so that you could experience for the first time again?
89. If you had unlimited funds to build a house that you would live in for the rest of your life, what would the finished house be like?
Somewhat personal questions to get to know someone
90. What gets you fired up?
91. What makes a good life?
92. What risks are worth taking?
93. What do you take for granted?
94. Who inspires you to be better?
95. What do you have doubts about?
96. When do you feel truly “alive”?
97. What fact are your resigned to?
98. What book impacted you the most?
99. What’s the best thing about you?
100. What are you addicted to?
101. What irrational fear do you have?
102. What would be your spirit animal?
103. Have you ever saved someone’s life?
104. What’s the hardest lesson you’ve learned?
105. What’s something you are self-conscious about?
106. What is one of your favorite smells?
107. Have you ever given to any charities?
108. What’s the last adventure you went on?
109. What are three interesting facts about you?
110. What was the best compliment you’ve received?
111. What chance encounter changed your life forever?
112. What do you want your epitaph to be?
113. What do you want to be remembered for?
114. What is the “holy grail” of your life?
115. What do you like most about your family?
116. What do people think is weird about you?
117. What is something you will NEVER do again?
118. Who is / was your most interesting friend?
119. What are you most likely very wrong about?
120. What’s the most immature thing that you do?
121. What stereotype do you completely live up to?
122. What is the biggest lesson you never learned?
123. What dumb accomplishment are you most proud of?
124. What was the most memorable gift you’ve received?
125. What chapters would you separate your autobiography into?
126. What do you hope your last words will be?
127. What do you spend the most time thinking about?
128. What is something you can never seem to finish?
129. What mistake do you keep making again and again?
130. What’s the best thing you got from your parents?
131. What is the strangest thing you have come across?
132. What would a mirror opposite of yourself be like?
133. What’s the best and worst thing about getting older?
134. What would be the scariest monster you could imagine?
135. What is something you are certain you’ll never experience?
136. What challenging thing are you working through these days?
137. What’s one responsibility you really wish you didn’t have?
138. What do you wish your brain was better at doing?
139. If your childhood had a smell, what would it be?
140. In your group of friends, what role do you play?
141. Which of your scars has the best story behind it?
142. What have you created that you are most proud of?
143. What do you strongly suspect but have no proof of?
144. What were some of the turning points in your life?
145. What bends your mind every time you think about it?
146. What’s the title of the current chapter of your life?
147. Among your friends or family, what are you famous for?
148. What is something that your friends would consider “so you”?
149. What’s something horrible that everyone should try at least once?
150. If you had a personal flag, what would be on it?
151. If your life was a book, what would its title be?
152. As the only human left on Earth, what would you do?
153. What stat for your life would you most like to see?
154. What did you think you would grow out of but haven’t?
155. What are three of the most significant numbers in your life?
156. What are some of your personal “rules” that you never break?
157. What’s the best and worst piece of advice you’ve ever received?
158. What song or artist do you like but rarely admit to liking?
159. What annoys you most about the in-groups you are a part of?
160. What small gesture from a stranger made a big impact on you?
161. What do you regret not doing or starting when you were younger?
162. What’s the dumbest thing you’ve done that actually turned out pretty well?
163. If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
164. When people look at you, what do you think they see / think?
165. What can you not get right, no matter how many times you try?
166. What question can you ask to find out the most about a person?
167. As you get older, what are you becoming more and more afraid of?
168. What lifestyle change have you been meaning to make for a while now?
169. In what situation or place would you feel the most out of place in?
170. There are two types of people in this world. What are the two types?
171. What personality trait do you value most and which do you dislike the most?
172. When was the last time you changed your opinion / belief about something major?
173. What would you do if you knew you were going to die in one hour?
174. What are some of the events in your life that made you who you are?
175. If life is a game, like some people say, what are some of the rules?
176. They say that everyone has a book in them. What would your book be about?
177. What could you do with two million dollars to impact the most amount of people?
178. What would be some of the most annoying things about having yourself as a roommate?
179. What are you really good at, but kind of embarrassed that you are good at it?
180. If you could make one rule that everyone had to follow, what rule would you make?
181. What’s something that happened or something that someone said that changed how you view the world?
182. If you were put into solitary confinement for six months, what would you do to stay sane?
183. If you could have a video of any one event in your life, what event would you choose?
184. What incredibly strong opinion or belief do you have that is completely unimportant in the grand scheme of things?
185. What are the top three things you want to accomplish before you die? How close are you to accomplishing them?
186. If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything you wanted, what fragrance would you want it to be?
187. If you could convince everyone in the world to do one thing at one point in time, what would that thing be?
188. If you had a clock that would countdown to any one event of your choosing, what event would you want it to countdown to?
189. What do you wish you could tell yourself 10 years ago? What do you think you’ll want to tell your current self 10 years from now?
190. If you were forced to relive one 10-minute block of your life again and again for all eternity, what 10 minutes of your life would you choose?
191. If you could make a 20 second phone call to yourself at any point in your life present or future, when would you call and what would you say?
Very personal questions to get to know someone better
192. What keeps you up at night?
193. What lie do you tell most often?
194. What do you regret not doing?
195. What gives your life meaning?
196. What are you most insecure about?
197. What bridges do you not regret burning?
198. What’s the most illegal thing you’ve done?
199. How do you get in the way of your own success?
200. What are you afraid people see when they look at you?
201. What’s the most surprising self-realization you’ve had?
202. How do you hope you’ll change as a person in the future?
203. What’s one thing you did that you really wish you could go back and undo?
204. What do you most often look down on people for? What do you think other people look down on you for?
PDF and image of all of the questions
Here is the 200 Questions to get to know someone PDF.
And in case you prefer an image of all questions, here is the image of 200 Questions to get to know someone.
More pages of questions
Need more? Oh I’ve got plenty for you…
We’ve got 350 good questions to ask.
Or you might try our 250 conversation starters page.
How about some topics to talk about? We’ve got topics as well as sample questions.
If you need to break the ice, we’ve got 200 icebreaker questions.
Want to get to know a guy? Try our questions to ask a guy.
Or perhaps you are trying get to know a girl better? Try our questions to ask a girl.
Maybe you have a crush on the person you are trying to get to know? How about our questions to ask your crush?