Some of these might get a bit too serious, so choose wisely. Be warned that some of these can get dark in a hurry. So if you are looking for a fun lighthearted conversation, these are definitely not the questions for you.
That being said, the title says deep questions to ask a guy. But really the questions are good for guys or girls. Just like our deep questions to ask a girl, these questions are non gender specific. So feel free to use either set for some good deep questions.
Remember, these deep questions to ask a guy are for exploring deeply into topics like human nature, the future of the human race, and ethics. So make sure to ask follow up questions and let the conversation go where it wants to go.
Alright, let’s get started. Here are the questions….
List of deep questions to ask a guy
- Is poverty an inevitable byproduct of human society?
- What do you consider a wasted life?
- Who single-handedly changed the course of the entire human race?
- What event would you rather die than live through?
- Do you think morality exists in nature or is it a human construct?
- What would the perfect you be like?
- What is the most worthwhile goal a person can dedicate their life to?
- What has had the biggest impact on your political beliefs?
- What is deeply unsettling?
- Why is depression so stigmatized in society?
- What stops people from understanding themselves?
- Why do some people stay in relationships that they know are toxic?
- What are three occupations that machines will soon replace?
- Will technology be humanity’s salvation, downfall, or neither? Why?
- What human trait is useful now but would have been disadvantageous in the past?
- What do we do now that will be looked at as primitive and backwards in 100 years?
- Do you think humans will survive long enough to evolve into something different or will we make ourselves extinct before we have the chance to?
- Who should be responsible for taking care of the elderly, the government, their families, or the elderly themselves?
- Is human consciousness just electrons flowing through neurons, or is it something beyond the physical?
- If we could screen babies for psychopathic or sociopathic tendencies, should we? What should we do with the babies that are likely become psychopaths?
- Does income inequality need to be fixed? If not, why? If so, what effective and practical methods can be used to fix the income gap?
- Why do people do things that they know hurts themselves and those around them?
- If everyone’s lives were judged as to whether they had made a net positive or a net negative impact on humanity, how would you be judged?
- What one thing could a government realistically do to most improve the lives of its citizens?
- If a machine could exactly duplicate your mind right down to the same pattern of synapses firing, would it be you? Could it predict how you would react in every situation? Why or why not?
More questions to ask a guy
We have a page of 200 questions to ask a guy, or you can try one of these: